1. How do you think your year went in grade 6? I think that my grade 6 year went ok because this year I got to do a lot of different things like social immotianal learning. I also think i need to work on science. Also this year went ok because I got to spend time with a lot of my friends. That`s why grade 6 was one of the best. I also believe i did good in math.
2. what was something that was very memorable? I believe in grade 6 the most memorable thing for me was the time we went on a field trip trip to deep cove and I got to ride in a sea kyak. That was the most memorable thing for me.
3. Looking back on your reading comprehension throughout the year what waas one thing you were really proud of? Something i was proud of in language arts was the time we finished reading touching spirt bear and i got my oral reading mark back and i got all 4s and one 5. The novel i most i most enjoyed reading was the book we read with Mr. Dorland Fish in a Tree. I loved it because it was very touching and it was just a really good book all around. That is what I am proud of and it is also my favourite novel I read this year.
4. What was one of the things that you struggled with in terms of reading and that you should continue working on? I think the thing that I struggled with was my pronunceation of words. I feel as if i don't try hard enough on those words even through I try really hard. Thats what i need to work on in reading.
5. what writing piece were you most proud of. What about it made you proud? the writing piece I found i was most proud of was a weekend write I did and it was about my baseball game that i won and the umpiring i did. I was proud of that piece because i got a 4/4. That is the piece i am most proud of.
6. What was one thing that you think you still need to work on throughout all of you writing? How do you know you need to work on this? I think the thing I need to work on the most is the neatness of my writing. I believe I need to work on this because my parents are always telling me to be neater. that is what I believe I need to work on.
7. We have talked a lot about communication skills. What is the one thing that you do well in terms of communication and one thing that you think that you should keep working on? I feel that I communicate really good with peers and that i learn better vurbly I do think when I am working through.
8. Do you think you do a good job of asking for help when you need it? How do you know you are good at asking for help or not? I think I do a job of asking for help because when I am stuck I ask a teacher or a peer. I know I am good at it because I know when I need help.
9. In math we learned a lot of things this year. Talk about a time when you struggled with something in math. What was it and how did you get better at in. In math I struggled with simplifying because I just didn't under stand it. But I got better at it by watching youtube videos on it.
10. What was one thing you were really proud of in math this year -something you think you did really well or a challenge you over came? Something I was really proud of in Math was the time I got perfect in two tests in a row. I did well in all the math subjects I thought. Thats what I was proud of.
11. we spent a lot of time learning about what Social Emotional Learning. How do you self-regulate? How do you promote social emotional learning around you? You can self regulate by listening to music or reading a book that you like. I find one thing that helps is breathing in and out slowly. You can promote social emotional learning by putting up posters and other stuff like websites. Thats how to self regulate.
12. How did you like project based learning? What was you strengths? What could you work on in the future? I thought project-based learning was good because it let me work with other people and I work better with other people. I think I could stay on task a bit more though.
13. You experienced different types of innovative learning within the classroom such as classroom blogs,coding,choice,passion projects etc. How did this best support your learning? what did you like about it? It supported my learning by making all of it fun it also helped because it was different. I liked all of it because it was all new which made it fun every time.
14. Every day you never sat in the same spot, you had a different seat to start your morning. How did this benefit your learning? what did you like about it? I think it benefited my learning by making it different every day like a new start or like something to look forward to every day. Thats what I liked about it.
My goals over the summer are to try to talk with class mates And I also hope to do really good in baseball. Those are my goals for the summer.
My goals for grade 7 numeracy are to do really good in all the different math things we do I also hope to do good in all the math tests.
My goals for grade 7 literacy are to try my best and do my neatest writing ever. I also hope to impress my new teacher who ever it is.
My overall goals for grade 7 are to have a really good year thats fun and filled with learning new things.
What did you learn about in Aboriginal Education this year? I learned that the Aboriginals were forced to go to resedential schools. I also learned that we are on coast salish land. One other thing that I learned was that Aboriginal people still walk on high ways telling people about them self. That is what I learned about in Aboriginal Education.
Dear Mommy I am writing this blog for you. I would just like to say I love you so mutch and I am so thankful for all the the things you have done for me. And know I would like to tell you all the this I am thankful for. I am thankful that you had me I am thankful that you make dinner for me sometimes I am thankful that you love me I am thankful for all the clothes and toys you got for me and most of I am thankful that you can put up with me and all my shenanigans and Batman loving and all my other crazy traits that I have. And so thank you Mommy and I LOVE you.
Why I hate spring. I hate spring because I get allergies during this time and they are so bad. Imagian having to sneeze 39 times a day. Also guess what I'm allergic to grass. And grass isn't easy to doge or leave alone. I also play baseball and you play baseball on grass almost all the time. What I like doing during spring time I like staying inside and playing video games or I like doing other in side things. There is one thing in spring I like and yes I know it is amazing that I like something in spring but the thing I like is the fact that my birthday is May 9th witch is in spring so ya that's the only thing I like. During the spring I like the fact that it is always sunny though.